Drako

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2001
Northern CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I got a call. I got into UCSF SOM. I am holding a spot at UCI. My parents are in Orange County so is the rest of my family. UCSF SOM, enough said.

I don't know what to do! Tell me what to do! Please!

About the Ads

souljah1

Attending
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2002
Yes!!! Congratulations. You are only an hour away from Orange County by flight. UCSF was my number one from the get go, but when I got into UCI I still made a list. I found that the style of curriculum (little pbl, integrated blocks), early clinical opportunities, having the hospital (one of them) connected to the campus), the feeling I received from the student body, location, and reputation all pointed toward UCSF.

You said 'nuff said. Doesn't that tell you your answer?

Whatever you decide..Congratulations!!

Oh, I'm not sure if the cost of living varies all that much, but the UCSF first year student budget is about 29K (fees, aka tuition, are between 10K and 11K.

Well done.

Mr.D

insipidus maximus
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2002
Los Angeles
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Congrats Drako!!! :clap:

Although I liked UCI too, it doesn't compare to UCSF. I think you know what the obvious choice is. Good luck.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.