Heaven! I've just been accepted into UCSF!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Drako

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a call. I got into UCSF SOM. I am holding a spot at UCI. My parents are in Orange County so is the rest of my family. UCSF SOM, enough said.

I don't know what to do! Tell me what to do! Please!

Members don't see this ad.

CONGRATS! I think you should go for UCSF... it's still in state and only an hour's flight away!

Members don't see this ad :)
duh, ucsf. congrats! better make the most out of it!

Yes!!! Congratulations. You are only an hour away from Orange County by flight. UCSF was my number one from the get go, but when I got into UCI I still made a list. I found that the style of curriculum (little pbl, integrated blocks), early clinical opportunities, having the hospital (one of them) connected to the campus), the feeling I received from the student body, location, and reputation all pointed toward UCSF.

You said 'nuff said. Doesn't that tell you your answer?

Whatever you decide..Congratulations!!

Oh, I'm not sure if the cost of living varies all that much, but the UCSF first year student budget is about 29K (fees, aka tuition, are between 10K and 11K.

Well done.

GRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess we have quite a few UCSFers now... :) --Trek

Congrats Drako!!! :clap:

Although I liked UCI too, it doesn't compare to UCSF. I think you know what the obvious choice is. Good luck.

:clap: CONGRATS!!!!!:clap:

Wow! Congratulations!!

GO TO UCSF!!!

:clap: :clap:

YEEEEHHAAAAAA.......CONGRATS....:clap:

Woo-hoo! Congratulations!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

congrats, drako!

I want to be you, Drako.

Congratulations, Drako!

Go to UCSF!!

:clap: :D :clap: :D :clap: