Heavy weighted topics on Neuro Shelf

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uthopeful

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wondering what people thought were highyield, heavily tested topics on the neuro shelf?

Members don't see this ad.

I have heard headaches and strokes, but have not taken it yet.

There will be a couple of psychiatry questions on there. Conversion disorder, somatization, malingering, stuff like that. Free points if you review that stuff. Heavily tested from what I remember include med reactions, general medical conditions causing neuro symptoms, and there were a bunch of dementia questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are a bunch of what would you do next kind of questions....like on all of the other shelves, the next step in your plan. There are also some lesion localizations, not just in the brain but peripheral nerves...like erb's palsy...there are some stupid psych questions....some pharm questions....not much else, tho i didn't really use anything other than pretest and i did ok. Im done buying all of these cookie cutter first aids/kaplan crap because its useless. just pay attention during your rotation and look over the pharmacology.

I remember getting *three* questions on delirium tremens -- something I didn't see once on my month of neurology.

What about images, are there a lot of Ct's and Mri's etc?