HEEELP Ole Miss vs South vs Samford

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RZArectah

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
which school do u prefer? which school would you pick?

Members don't see this ad.

ehh thats a hard one...did u get accepted into both?

Ole Miss ( i love thier campus, thier facilities look a little old for the amount of money that comes into that school. the surrounding area is not very urban. It is about 1-2 hours away from memphis, tn (which still is not that good ?) but the students have fun there but not that much to do unless you belong to an organization. pretty boring. I give it a B

South - the school looks like a community college, it is near the water, the mall is right around the corner, it is like a small college town, (kind of like Famu / Florida State UNiversity environment but with a 5 times smaller school). It is a 3 year program and fairly new. their test days are very rigorous but overall i give it a C.

I dont know that much about Samford other than being in Alabama?

;)

Members don't see this ad :)
ole miss and south, but havent heard from samford. i was waitlisted with them.

im thinking ole miss cause its been around longer and it is so much cheaper. however, south has a 3 yr program. I'm not really in a rush though.

Please Help

I don't know much about the programs at Ole Miss or South, but Samford is supposed to have a very good program. It's in Birmingham, AL, which is the largest city in Alabama. Ole Miss is reputed to be a party school which could be detrimental to your success. LOL. Samford is a private university so it will be much more expensive. Good luck in your decision!:luck:

i went to the applicant day at Ole Miss, and I really liked their campus/program. the only thing i disliked was that the school is located in a teeny tiny "college" town. however, i am used to this because where I went for undergrad, it was pretty much the same thing, and it worked out really well because i ended up loving the small town. anyways, from what i observed, student life seems good there. I saw all the fraternity/sorrority houses there and i thought to myself, "yes....social life!" Haha. Im from texas, but after i left applicant day, i decided that if i get rejected from everywhere else and ole miss accepts me, i really wouldn't mind going there. unfortunately, ole miss rejected me anyway (lol) which might work out for me afterall cuz my first in state school is offering me an interview, so i still have hope there! anyway go for ole miss i think its a good program/school and the students seemed really friendly. :)

thanks Baylor, hope it works out for you. any other suggestions people?