Helllooo? What's happening to SDN?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You people preaching tolerance aren't very tolerant of intolerance. You should really work on that to better yourselves.

Why do people write G-d instead of God? Is there some significance to the o?

Members don't see this ad.

virilep said:
We need a MOD up in this piece....Evo, Mom, Guy, where are you? We got a drive by goin on and nothing to stand behind.

I haven't seen anything offensive in the thread yet though (unless i missed something). No need for a Mod yet...

Psycho Doctor said:
hey i have nothing against using stem cells for research
I wasn't referring specifically to you ;) Though I am surprised; most religious people I know are opposed to using embryonic stem cells (which is the kind I meant).

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, the mods only respond if they personally disagree with something you've said. Good luck with that.

tinkerbelle = tinkersmell

indo said:
You people preaching tolerance aren't very tolerant of intolerance. You should really work on that to better yourselves.

My friend writes G-d instead of God. She does it so that God's name never gets thrown in the trash or discarded or something like that. I'm sure someone else has a better explanation

indo said:

I think it's a Jewish tradition. It doesn't show proper deference to God to use His name in full. Maybe a Jewish poster can clarify?

tinkerbelle said:
I haven't seen anything offensive in the thread yet though (unless i missed something). No need for a Mod yet...

I'm offended by your lack of being offended. I put a lot of effort into hurting peoples feelings and for you to disregard that is just... well... mean. :(

:rolleyes:

kinetic said:
And yet the hilarious part was that GuyLarouche was chastizing him on writing "welcome" improperly. Oh, wait, all your bluster about "ostracization" and "people can write whatever they choose" and "you're stupider" go out the window because he was ripping on some dumb-ass religious zealot, right?

I wasn't arguing with Guy or agreeing with him, either. My post was directed towards Psycho, who has disparaged my beliefs in the past yet continues to insist that he shove his religion down everyone else's throats. I never called him a ******* religious zealot, but nice try :laugh:

stinkycheese said:
My post was directed towards Psycho ...

Yes, we know. That's the point.

dopaminophile said:
I'm offended by your lack of being offended. I put a lot of effort into hurting peoples feelings and for you to disregard that is just... well... mean. :(

:rolleyes:
that was actually funny in perhaps some sick way

and don't be mean to tinkerbelle, she's always such a sweetie :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
kinetic said:
Yes, we know. That's the point.

interesting..i don't think there was a single person who missed that, especially considering her well known hatred towards me since the day I started posting on this board.

when did your name turn back to blue kinetic? Haven't you been pissing enough important people off recently?

dopaminophile said:
when did your name turn back to blue kinetic? Haven't you been pissing enough important people off recently?

Apparently not. But not for lack of trying.

By the way, I'm offended that you're talking about the color of my name, you racist!

Pembleton said:
I think it's a Jewish tradition. It doesn't show proper deference to God to use His name in full. Maybe a Jewish poster can clarify?
it's actually a sign of respect not to write God's name in full. The concern is that the word may be written on something that will later be thrown away or otherwise destroyed. For example, you might print out a copy of an article that mentions God, but later toss it in the trash along with old coffee grounds. Not exactly a place redolent of majesty.

tinkerbelle = stinkersmell

kinetic said:
Apparently not. But not for lack of trying.

By the way, I'm offended that you're talking about the color of my name, you racist!
I'm offended that you didn't notice my bigotry earlier! You bigotrist!

kinetic said:
tinkerbelle = stinkersmell

gosh kinetic, i feel so special. This is the first time you've ever said anything mean to me :laugh:

I know. :( And here I thought I was equal opportunity. Imagine my dismay when I realized the disproportionate insulting. :( Must ...make ...up for lost ...time ... :laugh:

Penguins have a right to be homosexual without interference (sp?).

leechy said:
I wasn't referring specifically to you ;) Though I am surprised; most religious people I know are opposed to using embryonic stem cells (which is the kind I meant).

Perhaps I should clarify....as long as they don't create a baby to kill it to use the cells, why should i be against it? I realize this is the intent of many but there are other ways of getting stem cells. A baby is born healthy and taking the cells from the afterbirth, etc to research and help others is not harming anyone and is helping others. Or if we could use adult stem cells. God gave us brains to think and progress; I believe He'd want us to develop technology to save others man from diseases and to extend life without killing to do so.

this thread is an exercise in futility

Status
Not open for further replies.