Hello, and question about USUHS prereqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MixedUpCody

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been lurking for a while and I wanted to say hello and ask a question. I am interested in going to USUHS in three years when I graduate college. I did six years in the military as enlisted so I have a reasonable idea of what is expected in the military. My question is if anyone knows how flexible the USUHS pre reqs are? On their site they state very specifically that you need one year of lab with all of the standard sciences. However, I am going to transfer to UCSD and complete my organic chemistry prereqs there. At UCSD the typical premed sequence is only Organic chem 140 A B and C with 143 A for the lab. This wont cover the one year pre reqs, but the two other quarters of labs are for chem majors and not really open to everyone according to the UCSD catalog.
The same goes for the biology classes, there are no lower division labs so people usually just do one quarter upper division bio lab for pre med, which is of course not one full year. Does anyone have any experience going from UCSD to USUHS or know anyone that has? Thanks for the help everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,

I've been lurking for a while and I wanted to say hello and ask a question. I am interested in going to USUHS in three years when I graduate college. I did six years in the military as enlisted so I have a reasonable idea of what is expected in the military. My question is if anyone knows how flexible the USUHS pre reqs are? On their site they state very specifically that you need one year of lab with all of the standard sciences. However, I am going to transfer to UCSD and complete my organic chemistry prereqs there. At UCSD the typical premed sequence is only Organic chem 140 A B and C with 143 A for the lab. This wont cover the one year pre reqs, but the two other quarters of labs are for chem majors and not really open to everyone according to the UCSD catalog.
The same goes for the biology classes, there are no lower division labs so people usually just do one quarter upper division bio lab for pre med, which is of course not one full year. Does anyone have any experience going from UCSD to USUHS or know anyone that has? Thanks for the help everyone.

I would check with the admissions office, but I doubt they are negotiable.

NavyFP. I'll email their admissions dept. Thank you very much for your help.