Hello Guys! I need your help in making a final decision between UIC & Indiana for IDGP. Thanks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hygienedds

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys! I need your help and opinion in choosing between UIC and Indiana international dental program. I will appreciate your help. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Indiana better than UIC. If possible try to get into even better program than Indiana, don't finalize on it.

Indiana better than UIC. If possible try to get into even better program than Indiana, don't finalize on it.
Ya, I did deposit to UIC and now Indiana is asking for another deposit to reserve your seat. I know neither UIC or Indiana are my top choices but if I get into another schools, which ones you think would overpass Indiana?

Members don't see this ad :)
UIC is way better than Indiana.
In everything, UIC have high patients flow which allows you to improve your hands skills. besides, I have 2 friends in Indiana stayed longer because of the requirements and low patients flow.
Chicago is an amazing city. This is my final year there as a dental student and I highly recommend my school.
Best of luck in everything.

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply again. Any more people to share and give wise opinions?

Indiana for sure. Better recognized school. Indiana is also much harder to get into. Yes it sucks having to let the deposit go but youll still come out on top since Indiana cost of living and tuition is cheaper. Indiana has state of the art technology and facilities as well. As far as other schools, they are all good, but I believe if you go off rankings UIC is not ranked, whereas Indiana is. Obviously schools like UPenn and Michigan are ranked much better. However, this is just based on rankings.

Some schools require you to buy all your supplies, others provide everything. It could be a considerable cost difference

If I was in your shoes, I'd take Indiana. Most people tend to drop UIC since its normally their first acceptance. I'd pay the deposit at Indiana, I know neither is your preferred choice, but its better to secure a spot then letting it go. Play it safe and wait for the other schools. I know two people that go to Indiana and they absolutely love it. Plus its a smaller class size than UIC.

If I was in your shoes, I'd take Indiana. Most people tend to drop UIC since its normally their first acceptance. I'd pay the deposit at Indiana, I know neither is your preferred choice, but its better to secure a spot then letting it go. Play it safe and wait for the other schools. I know two people that go to Indiana and they absolutely love it. Plus its a smaller class size than UIC.
Thank you for your response Sanya. I really appreciate it.

I am on waitlist for UIC... hopefully, more people with UIC acceptance also find alternative opportunity of their like for me to move up the list :) it been 4 years of applications, 2 interviews and finally have made to a wait list..just want to get over this hurdle to get to my destiny.
Thanks very much for your prompt response...

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-14_13-29-55.png
    upload_2018-9-14_13-29-55.png
    151.6 KB · Views: 72
I am on waitlist for UIC... hopefully, more people with UIC acceptance also find alternative opportunity of their like for me to move up the list :) it been 4 years of applications, 2 interviews and finally have made to a wait list..just want to get over this hurdle to get to my destiny.
Thanks very much for your prompt response...
I wish you a very good luck and hope that the waiting list moves to acceptance email. One thing I would like to say is, don't ever lose hope especially if you internally know that you have really worked hard to reach to your success. Good luck.

Hello everyone. Could anyone tell me when they sent acceptance for Indiana?