Hello, I think I was overdosed of radiation during a ct scan.. Can anyone help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pleasehelp1111

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
2 weeks ago, I've gotten a CT Angiogram on my Head Neck with contrast and also a CT Internal Auditory Canal without contrast. I've received T DLP 3721 and CTDI volume 72 for the HeadNeck CT scan. I've received T DLP 502 and CTDI volume 63 for my auditory canal without contrast. I've done some research on google and using the adult conversion rate I've got 11.53 msV for the first one and 1.05 msV for the second one, totaling up to 12mSV. Isn't this bad? I heard the average dose per scan was around 2.5 msV for the head.. I'm kinda freaking out and I'm not even sure if I did the math correctly... Can anyone help me?

Members don't see this ad.

2 weeks ago, I've gotten a CT Angiogram on my Head Neck with contrast and also a CT Internal Auditory Canal without contrast. I've received T DLP 3721 and CTDI volume 72 for the HeadNeck CT scan. I've received T DLP 502 and CTDI volume 63 for my auditory canal without contrast. I've done some research on google and using the adult conversion rate I've got 11.53 msV for the first one and 1.05 msV for the second one, totaling up to 12mSV. Isn't this bad? I heard the average dose per scan was around 2.5 msV for the head.. I'm kinda freaking out and I'm not even sure if I did the math correctly... Can anyone help me?
SDN is not for medical advice. The person to ask about this is the doctor who ordered these scans.

Status
Not open for further replies.