Hello Mr. Cornell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daviddamoore

UK fool
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear Mr. Cornell.

Please either provide a way to save the secondary application when you are filling it out, or at least provide a timeout warning. I acknowledge that you have high standards for your medical school, but filling out that damn list of courses time after time is a little too much.

Thankyou for your time,

Mr. Pissed Off

Members don't see this ad.

daviddamoore said:
Dear Mr. Cornell.

Please either provide a way to save the secondary application when you are filling it out, or at least provide a timeout warning. I acknowledge that you have high standards for your medical school, but filling out that damn list of courses time after time is a little too much.

Thankyou for your time,

Mr. Pissed Off

Funny
I experienced the same thing too. I had type really fast after the fifth try.

Agreed. Super inconvenient. Someone should file a complaint.

Members don't see this ad :)
jc11011 said:
Agreed. Super inconvenient. Someone should file a complaint.

one of my parents was a visiting professor at Cornell this past year. does this count as faculty? i want to include it somewhere, i figure it can't hurt, might help

any thoughts?

daviddamoore said:
Dear Mr. Cornell.

Thankyou for your time,

Mr. Pissed Off
Ok, is Cornell screened? Can I finally get excited about receiving a secondary invite? Or is this just another money grabbin' secondary farse?

what do you mean screened??

Indryd said:
Ok, is Cornell screened? Can I finally get excited about receiving a secondary invite? Or is this just another money grabbin' secondary farse?
Cornell doesn't screen.

jc11011 said:
Cornell doesn't screen.
Damn, so once again my "invite" is meaningless.

I feel so worthless. This process is so irritating.

I think the TIMEOUT TEST is part of their "screening" process, LOL. :eek:

i left my cornell app open... for hours. I didn't know they have a time limit. what a bat to the head.

anystream said:
one of my parents was a visiting professor at Cornell this past year. does this count as faculty? i want to include it somewhere, i figure it can't hurt, might help

any thoughts?

Nope. Unless Cornell gave your parent tenure it doesn't count. I wouldn't include it if I were you, it seems like your stretching to establish any connection you can.

TheMightyAngus said:
Nope. Unless Cornell gave your parent tenure it doesn't count. I wouldn't include it if I were you, it seems like your stretching to establish any connection you can.

which is true! but you're right. thanks for the input : )

Members don't see this ad :)
daviddamoore said:
Dear Mr. Cornell.

Thankyou for your time,

Mr. Pissed Off
funny!

this is Cornell's way of limiting their application pool. many withdraw before they submit their secondary. :p

but yes I agree. after it happened to me, i copied and pasted it somewhere first so i wouldn't have to keep retyping it.

this and NYU's secondary are the biggest POS of all time

radioh3ad said:
i would still take it any day over duke. for most ppl we only have to answer one essay, 200 words? i like it. although its an essay of the stupid sort: why do you want to attend school x? "blah blah blah, meaningless". or maybe its not so stupid, since it forces you to learn some things about the school and thats how i found out i did not actually want to go to yale.

it took them forever to get out this secondary though. and they dont even screen? bad

it's just business i guess. easy secondary and late release creates greater demand and desire. easy form and no save function amounts to little or no overhead costs. credit card payment too.

it's that sanford weill i tell you. citibank pwns cornell har har.

TheProwler said:
Suggestions for those of us who haven't filled it out yet?

Yeah make sure you do it on word before trying to fill it out while having to think about it. It just times you out quickly. It's not a bad secondary though.

TheProwler said:
Suggestions for those of us who haven't filled it out yet?

Take a look at it first and plan out everything you're going to write. Type the essay in word processor. Log out and log back in, then type in all the courses and paste your essay (I didnt run into any formatting issues.)---shouldnt take more than 5 min.

radioh3ad said:

Why do u think that NYU's scondary is a POS? I thought there were no essays. That sounds great to me.

no save function and i had essays to add to that. both of them.

haha...this cornell secondary sounds funny, like trying to win a video game before time runs out

Shredder said:
haha...this cornell secondary sounds funny, like trying to win a video game before time runs out
haha i know! That's what it was like for me too!! I had everything ready in Word and I copied my essay before I logged in. Once I was in, I pasted the essay and pasted the college name in all the slots for the courses. It was crazy! And when I was done, I was keeping my fingers crossed, hoping it wasn't going to time out on me! Fun times..fun times...

maybe theyre testing our ability to do it under time and pressure constraints. for those who cant finish the cornell secondary, sorry you just dont live up to their standards for docs. that would be pretty interesting if secondaries came like a ticking time bomb with super strict time limits and deadlines.