Hello!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

william4050

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, first off..I have no idea if I should be posting this over here! I'm sorry if it's this isn't the place for this kind of thread, and feel free to move it to the correct location.

Anyway, I'm a biology student. I've finished my B.S this year, and have been studying for the MCAT for a month.

I just finished today my last AAMC practice test. I started with low scores (9s on the BS and 7,8 on the PS), but I'm been averaging about an 11 for the BS section, and 10s for the PS in the last 3 practice tests. This was all done with timing. Although, I'm skipping the verbal sections for now.(doing them independently) Also, through the corrections I was taking lots of notes..I have about 3-4 pages for each subject.
The BS sections I'm really comfortable with the time, although I barely finish on time with respect to the PS.

So, anyway..I'm about to take my exam on September 10. I'm studying with Kaplan premier book which I found okay..except for the Organic chemistry which I found really tedious. I'd say my Biology background is pretty good as there are a very few things that bothered me with the BS section.

I've read that the AAMC practice tests are the best practice to get into the feel of the test. So, I was thinking of leaving 10/12 days before the test to redo them with the verbal as well.

In the mean time, I was wondering if there are any practice tests which are very similar to the AAMC or anything in general that can help! ofc I plan on keeping up with the studying, reviewing..using flashcards etc..

Any other advice would be AMAZING, thanks for readings this.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You're shooting yourself in the foot by failing to simulate test day. Skipping Verbal, or any other section, is a really bad idea. You should absolutely simulate Test Day fully several times before the test. Take the full test, including the breaks, just like Test Day, at the same time of day as your real exam.

If you've done all the AAMC's go buy two or three Berkeley Review exams and use them to simulate Test Day.

You're in really good shape with those 10-11 scores. Get some real Test Day like practice in and you'll be totally solid.

Good luck!! :)

Thanks a lot for your answer. I'll make sure to simulate the test day from now. I'm taking the breaks btw, and doing it at the same time as my actual test.(sometimes they're not really breaks, because I'd have to help someone xD)

I'll check for the Berkeley reviews soon. Thanks a lot for your advice again!