SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

hello

Discussion in 'Optometry' started by Simisn, Jun 15, 2001.

1. Simisn

Simisn 7+ Year Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Houston
    Hi,
    I heard about this site from futureoptometrist.com. Right now, I'm just finished my freshman year as an undergrad, and in another three years I hope to be starting at the UHCO. So cpw, and words of advice for me? :)

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator 10+ Year Member

Apr 22, 2001
    Michigan
    I just wanted to welcome you to SDN!!! You have a great bunch of people here that can help you answer your questions.... I've enlightened me a lot within the past few weeks.... WELCOME TO SDN!!! :D

4. Simisn

Simisn 7+ Year Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Houston
    Thanks, you guys all seem really friendly :)

5. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator 10+ Year Member

Apr 22, 2001
    Michigan
    We all are... or most of us are at least.... So go ahead and post up any questions you may have and I'm sure your fellow colleagues will post responses to them.... :D

6. cpw

cpw It's a boy !!! Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Apr 25, 2001
    Tampa
    Well, since you're in Houston you're in the right place to get into UHCO! The biggest key there is being in state. Do well in your pre-reqs but major in something you'll really enjoy to get that degree. (you have to have a bacchelors to start at UHCO) Get good recommendations.. volunteer or work for an OD if you can (this is key!).. and do other things in college other than study. (where your real education occurs)
    Enjoy your time there and I hope to see you in a few years!
    Once I start classes I'm sure you'll be seeing LOTS more UHCO students here. ;)
    GOOD LUCK!

7. abs1

abs1 Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 3, 2001
    Philadelphia
    Welcome Simisn!!!!! :D :cool: :D :cool: :D

8. Jubileee

Jubileee Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    Welcome Simisn!!!

Hope you enjoy are little site. We are a friendly bunch so don't be afraid to ask any questions you might have!

Cassandra