Simisn

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2001
Houston
Status (Visible)
Hi,
I heard about this site from futureoptometrist.com. Right now, I'm just finished my freshman year as an undergrad, and in another three years I hope to be starting at the UHCO. So cpw, and words of advice for me? :)

Popoy

SDN Super Moderator
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2001
Michigan
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I just wanted to welcome you to SDN!!! You have a great bunch of people here that can help you answer your questions.... I've enlightened me a lot within the past few weeks.... WELCOME TO SDN!!! :D

About the Ads

Popoy

SDN Super Moderator
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2001
Michigan
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
We all are... or most of us are at least.... So go ahead and post up any questions you may have and I'm sure your fellow colleagues will post responses to them.... :D

cpw

It's a boy !!!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2001
Tampa
Status (Visible)
  1. Optometrist
Well, since you're in Houston you're in the right place to get into UHCO! The biggest key there is being in state. Do well in your pre-reqs but major in something you'll really enjoy to get that degree. (you have to have a bacchelors to start at UHCO) Get good recommendations.. volunteer or work for an OD if you can (this is key!).. and do other things in college other than study. (where your real education occurs)
Enjoy your time there and I hope to see you in a few years!
Once I start classes I'm sure you'll be seeing LOTS more UHCO students here. ;)
GOOD LUCK!

Jubileee

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2001
Indianapolis, IN
Status (Visible)
Welcome Simisn!!!

Hope you enjoy are little site. We are a friendly bunch so don't be afraid to ask any questions you might have!

Cassandra

About the Ads
This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.