hello.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drknali

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, iam a periodontist from india,in LA now,want to do post grad in perio,applied to indiana ,michigan reckham [late application ]. applied to casewest ohio,bu ,louisville . got turned down for louisville,no news from buffalo and casewest, called up case west ,told me that interviews already sent,guess i missed the bus,called up bu told me under consideration, my toeffl results are not out yet, low marks in part1 [79]. writing part 2 on nov 1,2.
want to apply to nyu and temple.
my gpa is 4, i really dont know were i stand,
nyu last date is on dec15,think its worth it takin my part2 now [nov1,2] and then retakin part on dec1,do u guys think late nbde results will be taken into account.
sry for such a long note,kind off depressed as i have 12 years of clinical experience[ passed undrgrads in 1995,masters perio in 2005 in india]
i want to start coll next year, cant waste even a year,gettin old and have parents to take care.
wondering how to go on in usa.
any advice will be appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

look for appendix c in ada website, post graduate programs for International Dentists...may be u can get some thing from there

Hi, iam a periodontist from india,in LA now,want to do post grad in perio,applied to indiana ,michigan reckham [late application ]. applied to casewest ohio,bu ,louisville . got turned down for louisville,no news from buffalo and casewest, called up case west ,told me that interviews already sent,guess i missed the bus,called up bu told me under consideration, my toeffl results are not out yet, low marks in part1 [79]. writing part 2 on nov 1,2.
want to apply to nyu and temple.
my gpa is 4, i really dont know were i stand,
nyu last date is on dec15,think its worth it takin my part2 now [nov1,2] and then retakin part on dec1,do u guys think late nbde results will be taken into account.
sry for such a long note,kind off depressed as i have 12 years of clinical experience[ passed undrgrads in 1995,masters perio in 2005 in india]
i want to start coll next year, cant waste even a year,gettin old and have parents to take care.
wondering how to go on in usa.
any advice will be appreciated

I wud suggest u take part 2 now cause most of the unis the deadlines are done with. So if u take part 2 u atleast have 2 unis to thinks abt. Ur GPA is really good. And also if u can since u have so many yrs experience get in touch with the ppl from these unis and get to talk to them which i sure wud make a lot of difference than corresponding only with the administrative staff. Here these things can go a long way and i think u shd try that.
Wishing u all the luck u need....
cheers

Members don't see this ad :)
can anyone please tell that if we have done our BDS from India,can we do our PG in clinical subjects like prostho,endo etc. here in US without doing our DDS here?if so ,an u please advise how to go about it?

can anyone please tell that if we have done our BDS from India,can we do our PG in clinical subjects like prostho,endo etc. here in US without doing our DDS here?if so ,an u please advise how to go about it?

yes u can do..plz go to ada website, u will get all the information...and even in my school here there r couple of international dentists who r doing PG in prostho, perio