helo international student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDobratic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello

I am studying Biology/Chemisty Pre-Med, my GPA is 3.3 , I still didn't do my MCATS, I am very involved in school activities and I do volunteer work. Most importantly I am international student and after all the research that I did I don't see a lot of hope for me to attend Medical School in US but I realy do not want to go back home becuse than I spent 4 years here for nothing.

Members don't see this ad.

Your GPA is very low to be considered for admission to a US MD medical school, considering that international students are generally held to a higher standard than US citizens or permanent residents, who have a mean GPA of 3.6 or so.

If you are willing to consider attending a US DO medical school, your GPA is only slightly low, and if you have a recent string of A grades in the sciences, you might be considered. Check it out at : http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Are your grades not competitive in your home country?

Your GPA is very low to be considered for admission to a US MD medical school, considering that international students are generally held to a higher standard than US citizens or permanent residents, who have a mean GPA of 3.6 or so.
If you are willing to consider attending a US DO medical school, your GPA is only slightly low, and if you have a recent string of A grades in the sciences, you might be considered. Check it out at : http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=13
Are your grades not competitive in your home country?[/quote]

It is very prob. a whole different system in his home country, where you dont do 4 yrs of college then med school... In my home country, its just 7-8 yrs straight up med school. So ja, if he goes back now, he/she's gonna have to start all over again...hence the waste.
TO the OP, just keep tryin, and take your MCAT...you dont know what can happen. You still do have a shot at some MD schools if you play your cards right, even tho its true that us international students are held up to a higher standard..