helo international student

MDobratic

10+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2008
  1. Pre-Medical
    Hello

I am studying Biology/Chemisty Pre-Med, my GPA is 3.3 , I still didn't do my MCATS, I am very involved in school activities and I do volunteer work. Most importantly I am international student and after all the research that I did I don't see a lot of hope for me to attend Medical School in US but I realy do not want to go back home becuse than I spent 4 years here for nothing.

Mobius1985

10+ Year Member
    Apr 4, 2007
      Your GPA is very low to be considered for admission to a US MD medical school, considering that international students are generally held to a higher standard than US citizens or permanent residents, who have a mean GPA of 3.6 or so.

If you are willing to consider attending a US DO medical school, your GPA is only slightly low, and if you have a recent string of A grades in the sciences, you might be considered. Check it out at : http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Are your grades not competitive in your home country?

chiz2kul

t.roll.ed for Banning
      10+ Year Member
      May 22, 2008
      1. Medical Student
        Your GPA is very low to be considered for admission to a US MD medical school, considering that international students are generally held to a higher standard than US citizens or permanent residents, who have a mean GPA of 3.6 or so.
        If you are willing to consider attending a US DO medical school, your GPA is only slightly low, and if you have a recent string of A grades in the sciences, you might be considered. Check it out at : http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=13
        Are your grades not competitive in your home country?[/quote]

It is very prob. a whole different system in his home country, where you dont do 4 yrs of college then med school... In my home country, its just 7-8 yrs straight up med school. So ja, if he goes back now, he/she's gonna have to start all over again...hence the waste.
        TO the OP, just keep tryin, and take your MCAT...you dont know what can happen. You still do have a shot at some MD schools if you play your cards right, even tho its true that us international students are held up to a higher standard..

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.