1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Help! 2 finals left and 0 motivation!!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by spacecowgirl, May 5, 2004.

1. spacecowgirl

10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Ok, so this is really more of a vent than anything, :laugh: but I can't for the life of me get interested in the pathophysiology of the urinary tract or hemoglobin structure and function. I think my brain already left for the summer. SOS!!!!

Please send me some motivation vibes - I have 2 finals tomorrow - one at 9 am and one at 2 pm and then I'm done with P1!

What do you do when you are completely out of motivation? Take a nap, take a walk, take a few of those scary uppers (probably now banned) from the gas station counter display???

Help!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. dontworry

dontworry Dont Worry, Be Happy
    7+ Year Member

I also lack motivation to study. I have an orgo test tommorow and then its finals week. I usually try and tell myself ill be ok, i can study and do well. I will sometimes go to my favorite coffee place and get a nice espresso drink and a bagel. I like to study in the same place at home, in bed or on the couch with a table in front of me to lay my books on. Other than that, i just get through it and say it will be over soon. Hopefully you can study and do well on your exams tommorow. I know ill be up late tonight :(

4. surgical

surgical Member
    7+ Year Member

just do it

5. sarahjth

sarahjth PharmD Wannabe!
    5+ Year Member

motivation.... :) *your future car*
    whenever I feel I'm never gonna get through this.. I think whew-hew BMW.. soon you will be mine! :D

Heck, it's not greed... taking some of these courses *pulls hair out* is pretty stressful..

So decide on a favorite future car - find a nice picture of it and make the wallpaper on your desktop of your PC. :p Always helped me!

6. spacecowgirl

10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    yes, yes, dream car - good idea

also pottery barn, ethan allen, cruises to the Mediterranean.....

must focus not only on disorders of hemoglobin but also big picture as well....

My husband said I was scaring him with this crazed look in my eye, even my dog was hiding behind the chair looking out with one eye - I have become evil-finals-crazy-woman :smuggrin:

7. bananaface

bananaface Pharmacy Supernerd
    Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Here is a bit of motivation:

Would you rather study now or slack off and retake the courses next year?

Have fun studying. You know you want to....

8. crying moo

crying moo pancakes!
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    pottery barn...ethan allen... cruise... Alright I'm movitated :D thanks!

9. pharmel

pharmel Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I find a friend who wants to stay up all night and study. We have fun, and even organic chemistry is funny at 3 am :laugh: . I'm going to miss my study buddy! I guess I'll have to find some new ones...

10. spacecowgirl

10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    thankfully I'm not in the retake risk category - although that might put the necessary fire under my ass...

night

11. sarahjth

sarahjth PharmD Wannabe!
    5+ Year Member

I know how that is... My boyfriend and I take long breaks from eachother.. because I am either eating the whole tub of Ben & Jerry's *then feeling guilty* or wanting to attack him *in the negative way* for being a Park and Recreation major! :D

12. ultracet

ultracet 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

I'm to the point that I hate school. I hate pharmacology, I hate medchem. I hate OTC. I hate ID 1,2, and 3. All of it....
    Finals start next week with medchem first.
    I just want this year to be over and then...
    ONE MORE YEAR OF CLASS EVER!!!!!!!!

that's my motivating factor. That and i study while watching movies i have seen 5000000 times. so taking breaks is easy.

13. jdpharmd?

jdpharmd? Turning lead into gold
    7+ Year Member

Man, it's like I'm looking in a mirror! :D (except I have 2 more years EVER!)

14. ultracet

ultracet 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

People keep telling me that 4th year is not easy but I say.... All I'm doing is working, no studying..... Sounds like a plan to me!

My motivation is obviously counting down the years.....

15. How did the finals go? I bet you did great! Now, time for some relaxation!

16. spacecowgirl

10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Well, all things considered, I think they went fine. I suppose I will find out in a few days when our grades are posted....

but regardless ONE YEAR DOWN, THREE TO GO!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D