Help! 3.76 undergrad GPA, 4.0 MS GPA, 507 MCAT, Oregon resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skysky3210

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an Oregon resident who has an undergraduate GPA in Biology of 3.76, a 4.0 GPA in my Master's of Microbiology and recently I got a 507 on the MCAT.

I have more than 12,000 hours in research experience, and more than 700 hours in ED scribe experience. I have also worked in public relations.

I need help making a school list and am leaning more towards MD rather than DO. I think I have a shot at mid-tier or lower-tier MD schools.

I will definitely apply to OHSU but other than that, being on the west coast is challenging because UW doesn't accept many Oregonians and California is incredibly competitive.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You definitely have a shot at mid/low tier medical schools. You should buy the MSAR which will help you make a list based on the average MCAT and GPA of accepted/matriculants applicants for each medical school.

You definitely have a shot at mid/low tier medical schools. You should buy the MSAR which will help you make a list based on the average MCAT and GPA of accepted/matriculants applicants for each medical school.
Okay- Thanks! BTW, I love that you are Dr. Meliodas with the sin of wrath tattoo.

Members don't see this ad :)
but, if anyone has a specific school in mind, I would be so grateful :)

but, if anyone has a specific school in mind, I would be so grateful :)
-OUWB
-MCW
-Temple
-Loyola Stritch
-TJU
-Quinnipiac
-NYMC
-CMS
-Albany
-UVm
-VCU
-Wakeforest
-Tulane
-OHSU
-GT
-GWU
-Creighton
-Pennstate
-OHSU

-OUWB
-MCW
-Temple
-Loyola Stritch
-TJU
-Quinnipiac
-NYMC
-CMS
-Albany
-UVm
-VCU
-Wakeforest
-Tulane
-OHSU
-GT
-GWU
-Creighton
-Pennstate
-OHSU

This is a great list of schools. Though, I'd add:

Drexel
Dartmouth

Though you really need to do some community volunteering to make your app more competitive. If you enjoy volunteering with under-served groups and get enough time working with them you could apply to the Drew/UCLA program.