help: about about recommedation letter through CAAPID.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yourzhwp

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry to bother your guys, I know my application is very later.

I just have a simple question about about recommedation letter through CAAPID.

I need to send the recommendation letter to CAAPID, or I need to send the recommendation letter to the application programs?

since different program may have different requirements about recommedation, If i send the recommendation to CAAPID, these three recommendations may not meet the all the program requirements.

How about the IBT and ECE evaluation? I also need to send to either CAAPID or the application program? or both?:confused:

Thank for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

recommendation letters to caapid......................the basic thing everyone asks is for one of them to be from the principal of the dental institution u attended!
about ece evaluation, send the course by course ev. either directly or have a copy delivered to you,they send it sealed......................and then u can send that to caapid urself
about toefl ibt, the colleges which specify that u send them directly, do so, for caapid application, fill it manually..............that is enough......:)

It all depends on which all programs you want to apply to. Basically you have to send the recommendation letters, Toefl score & ECE evaluation to CAAPID. Follow up with the schools. If they require additional copies to be send to them, then you have to do that. But i haven't seen any school asking for additional recommendation letters. But i am not sure about this . Plz check with the indvidual school. Go to their website and check it out. http://www.adea.org/dental_education_pathways/CAAPID/Pages/CAAPIDDirectory.aspx

Here is the link from CAAPID. Click on indvidual school to see their requirements.

Members don't see this ad :)
so it is not necessary to send official score of IBT to CAAPID? and i just need to fill the online form of CAAPID to show my IBT score, and then I ask ETS to send the official IBT to the application school.

thank you very much.:thumbup:

recommendation letters to caapid......................the basic thing everyone asks is for one of them to be from the principal of the dental institution u attended!
about ece evaluation, send the course by course ev. either directly or have a copy delivered to you,they send it sealed......................and then u can send that to caapid urself
about toefl ibt, the colleges which specify that u send them directly, do so, for caapid application, fill it manually..............that is enough......:)

Last edited:
would you please tell what is the CAAPID code for ETS to send IBT score?

I cannot find that code, i only can find the school code in ETS website.

btw, almost all the school need dean's letter. some school required up to two recommendations, but most of school require three recommendations. some require recommendation from pratice dentist, but some require all from dental school faculty. CAAPID only can add three recommendation. I just very confused, how i can meet all the requirement of all the school.

thank you very much

It all depends on which all programs you want to apply to. Basically you have to send the recommendation letters, Toefl score & ECE evaluation to CAAPID. Follow up with the schools. If they require additional copies to be send to them, then you have to do that. But i haven't seen any school asking for additional recommendation letters. But i am not sure about this . Plz check with the indvidual school. Go to their website and check it out. http://www.adea.org/dental_education_pathways/CAAPID/Pages/CAAPIDDirectory.aspx

Here is the link from CAAPID. Click on indvidual school to see their requirements.

Hi! Can some one please help me out by clarifying the difference between a letter of evaluation and a letter of recommendation because I see it as a letter of evaluation in CAAPID website. What is that we have to send to CAAPID?

Hi! Can some one please help me out by clarifying the difference between a letter of evaluation and a letter of recommendation because I see it as a letter of evaluation in CAAPID website. What is that we have to send to CAAPID?

It's the same thing. Just different names. Some organizations call it letters of recommendation, some reference letters, and some letters of evaluation