HELP!! AMCAS deadline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

onthetopo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, this might sound hectic.
But if AMCAS says the deadline for a school is november 1st does it mean it mean the deadline is 11:59pm Oct31 or 11:59pm Nov 1st?

Thanks a lot :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

AMCAS will remain open until midnight (ET) on the following dates:

October 14
November 1
November 15

so i think nov 1

thanks man but are you sure?
Perhaps someone who has done this before can tell me.

Members don't see this ad :)
It is on their website.

or email them

onthetopo said:
Hi, this might sound hectic.
But if AMCAS says the deadline for a school is november 1st does it mean it mean the deadline is 11:59pm Oct31 or 11:59pm Nov 1st?

Thanks a lot :eek:

i thought u have to be processed by the deadline??? i was always under that impression. bc ur app isn't technically ready until its processed.....

nope... the deadline is for hitting "submit" on amcas

I can attest that the deadline is at midnight on the day of the deadline...all you have to do is push "submit" and you've passed the deadline...although you must get AMCAS your transcripts within 2 weeks for that to hold. Be fair warned I don't think the schools really appreciate this tactic though, but then again I really think something needs to be done about the length of the application period. Its ridiculous it could in theory take someone close to a year.

snobored18 said:
I can attest that the deadline is at midnight on the day of the deadline...all you have to do is push "submit" and you've passed the deadline...although you must get AMCAS your transcripts within 2 weeks for that to hold. Be fair warned I don't think the schools really appreciate this tactic though, but then again I really think something needs to be done about the length of the application period. Its ridiculous it could in theory take someone close to a year.

yes thats what i meant. see my previous post before.

call amcas, i just confirmed with them....