Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Help amend past mistakes...in Physics...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by stifler, Nov 23, 2005.

1. stifler

stifler Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Amending my past mistakes...in Physics...

Last summer I took Physics (calc-based) at a local state school and not the state's best one either. I received A's for I and II, but the material was easy and I just pulled all nighters before the exams and not study any other time. So I learned an entire book of Physics in approximately 6 or 7 nights.

Now...I will have to take PChem starting fall 2006. I need to learn my Physics and I need to learn it well. How do I learn it on my own?

Any books that I can read and work through in the summer. Something that is not a textbook. I dont want to resort to one unless I have to. Perhaps a very detailed review book that offers a lot of explanation of concepts and a decent amount of probelms. Also it has to be calc based... Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. RayhanS1282

RayhanS1282 perpetually percolated
    10+ Year Member

I liked using the TPR physics review book from the course but however, it's great for basic physics but I don't know how helpful it is for p-chem.

4. stifler

stifler Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

any good books for a textbook replacement? that is short and just enough problems to understand the stuff?

5. Rendar5

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    you don't need that sorta physics for pchem, outside of thermodynamics, which you'll probably learn again for pchem anyway. It's not like you learned the basics of quantum mechanics equations in ur physics classes, right? Besides, physics isn't a pre-req for pchem.

6. stifler

stifler Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

okay what if i want to learn physics for mcats?

7. DrBowtie

DrBowtie Final Countdown
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Check out Schaum's Outlines for physics or P-chem