help an IMG from non english speaker country

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scoopy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all
im medical student from iran
my question might seems a little crazy but its really freaking me out :(

i''d like to know how should i practise for step 2 CS considering i'm from non-english speaking country which means we don't speak english in hospitals so taking history, writing progress note and so others are not in english
how should i prepare myself for this part?

i keep thinking i would fail this part all the time and it's my biggest fear :(
so plz help me on that
any advise is helpfull
thank you

Members don't see this ad.

hi all
im medical student from iran
my question might seems a little crazy but its really freaking me out :(

i''d like to know how should i practise for step 2 CS considering i'm from non-english speaking country which means we don't speak english in hospitals so taking history, writing progress note and so others are not in english
how should i prepare myself for this part?

i keep thinking i would fail this part all the time and it's my biggest fear :(
so plz help me on that
any advise is helpfull
thank you

Ideally if you can find someone who speaks english fluently to practice with, it would be helpful. In any case, I think the most important thing you could do is to try to remain calm on test day....Take your time, be polite, don't worry that you feel like you're not getting enough medical information. Appearing to be calm and in control will take you a lot further even if your language is not great and you don't get every last tad bit of medical information from the patient.