help-ATLS course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prince2100

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to pass the ATLS certification examination. Where can I find old exam questions or practice questions???

Members don't see this ad.

Just read the book. It's all in there. It really is.

There are no practice tests or old exams that are legal. They use the questions and the same scenarios for years and years, so it's very secretive that copies of these questions not get out to the public - someone is breaking some rules if you get your hands on any old questions.

I already read most of the book and I need some help and doing questions. any suggestions please?

Members don't see this ad :)
hmm...i read the book, we had the day of silly lectures and 1/2 day of scenarios. I had done a reasonable amt of trauma in med school and did just fine on the exam. (My ATLS course was during intern orientation)

As an ATLS instructor, I can tell you that the course is not difficult to pass. Everything you need to pass is in the book and is taught in the lectures. You will not find any old exams floating around - the are highly guarded. The pre-test that you should be given before the course is representative of the questions you are asked on the final. The moulage is not difficult either, and you get time to practice before the real thing.

Vincristine said:
hmm...i read the book, we had the day of silly lectures and 1/2 day of scenarios. I had done a reasonable amt of trauma in med school and did just fine on the exam. (My ATLS course was during intern orientation)

Ditto. I found the real test to be similar in style and content to the pre-test.