Help! Bad grade in a non-science class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jinxed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an econ major with a science minor. My college does not inflate grades.

I was fine up until this past quarter, when a bombardment of things hit me all at once (i tried took on one more class than I usually do, i started my first upper division class, my art-business was given a chance to expand and I took it, agents were asking to see partials of the manuscript-hopefully-soon-to-be-book I wrote)

As a result, I ended up with a C- in my econ class. I am currently trying to talk the teacher into upgrading that to a C+, since he didn't give any C's and I was literally one point away from a C+ score-wise.

I don't want to make excuses for myself, but is there anything I can do to remedy this problem? I've been volunteering in hospitals since 8th grade, and making friends with doctors for it, and it seems a shame to throw my dream out the window because of one lousy grade in a subject that's not science.

thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I'm an econ major with a science minor. My college does not inflate grades.

I was fine up until this past quarter, when a bombardment of things hit me all at once (i tried took on one more class than I usually do, i started my first upper division class, my art-business was given a chance to expand and I took it, agents were asking to see partials of the manuscript-hopefully-soon-to-be-book I wrote)

As a result, I ended up with a C- in my econ class. I am currently trying to talk the teacher into upgrading that to a C+, since he didn't give any C's and I was literally one point away from a C+ score-wise.

I don't want to make excuses for myself, but is there anything I can do to remedy this problem? I've been volunteering in hospitals since 8th grade, and making friends with doctors for it, and it seems a shame to throw my dream out the window because of one lousy grade in a subject that's not science.

thank you

not enough info for people to judge/give advices

for example, whats ur overall gpa, what year are u, how many credits have u taken.....etc....

just in general, one C- isn't going to kill you, although a couple more might lol.

oh. um, my overall GPA's 3.4 science and it was 3.4 overall until now (3.1 now?)

i'm a sophomore undergrade, and I have almost 100 credits

oh. um, my overall GPA's 3.4 science and it was 3.4 overall until now (3.1 now?)

i'm a sophomore undergrade, and I have almost 100 credits

Well first of all, unless the course was 20 cr hrs or something ridiculous, it certainly won't drop your GPA that much. If you feel the issue is significant, you can address it in your personal statement. Some schools also include secondary essays relating to poor grades, etc...