Help! Can I come back to Canada after graduating medical school in Australia?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Calgaria

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have read a few posts on the forum about coming back to Canada from Australia, and it seems pretty mixed (not to mention, many of the posts are dated).
Basically, I am thinking about going to medical school in Australia (or perhaps even Ireland), and while I am excited for the possibility, I am scared I wont be able to get back home to Alberta.
I want to know if there is anyone on this forum who has graduated from an Australian medical school and has come back and is currently practising or doing their residency. I am really looking for some guidance on what your experience was like, and what are some suggestions you have if I want to come back to Canada.
Nextly, I was curious to know how the program is set up (for example, at flinders or sydney), and whether there is an opportunity to come back for rotations and electives in Canada.
I'd bet there are resources on the websites of the schools, but I must say-it's hard to find.

Members don't see this ad.