Help Choosing Between KCUMB and WVSOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dedicated2be

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Accepted to both and need to pay deposit soon. I liked KCUMB's city feel, reputation, and ability to rotate in different areas along with research opps. I liked WVSOM's smaller class size, and focus on students but am not so sure about their emphasis on 3rd year clinicals being restricted to WV facilities only. Leaning towards KCUMB but could use some of your input as well as advice on what more to look at while comparing these two schools? Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not too too sure about this so don't quote me, but, for almost all schools, 3rd year clinical rotations are usually located near the school. It's only during the 4th year that students have the option to travel to different locations for rotations. Some schools emphasize primary care by including more of those specified rotations during that 3rd year as part of the curriculum. However, I'd think that what's most important is your board scores, meaning that you can choose to do whatever you'd want regardless of what type of school you go to.

Hi there,
What I meant was that for 3rd year KCUMB has clinical sites located in Kansas, Michigan, Florida, Colorado, and a few other Midwestern states. Whereas WVSOM only has sites in WV. That's what I was thinking about and referring to. Any input?