help comsae below goal:( test in 2 weeks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ascg

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took comsae form a, got a 426 my test is scheduled for sept 7th. My goal was around 550 as im considering EM. Any way to improve by then?
So far have completed uworld, usmle rx, FA twice and recently sketchy-microbiology

In middle of doing uworld for the 2nd time and FA for the 3rd time, and recently started the green omt book by savorice.

Members don't see this ad.

What about using combank or comquest?
I was going to do combank at first but was, told by fellow sdners to do instead uworld a 2nd time around?

Am i better off doing combank instead of uworld?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you review the questions you got wrong in Uworld? It seems like you've got deficits in your knowledge base.

Did you review the questions you got wrong in Uworld? It seems like you've got deficits in your knowledge base.
Yes I usually go through the answers i get wrong.. I obviously do have a knowledge deficit, as only did fa twice so far...I'm not sure if that's enough

Yes I usually go through the answers i get wrong.. I obviously do have a knowledge deficit, as only did fa twice so far...I'm not sure if that's enough

If you're like me, then no. It's not.

Are there particular areas you're not good at?

If you're like me, then no. It's not.

Are there particular areas you're not good at?
Random areas- no particular area...Comlex is in 2 weeks though not sure how Much will get done by then.. will most likely finish FA for 3rd time.

Hey OP, I know you have your test soon so I'm just checking in to see how studying is going.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey OP, I know you have your test soon so I'm just checking in to see how studying is going.
Thank you slight improvement but still subpar my goal.. I guess usmle (taking after) can make up for a lower comlex score..
Thanks

Thank you slight improvement but still subpar my goal.. I guess usmle (taking after) can make up for a lower comlex score..
Thanks

I'm sorry to hear that. I wish I knew what advice I could offer to help you improve. I can't give any good advice regarding comlex because I have issues with it but I can recommend that you know the lower yield bugs and parasites and how they might present.

I really do recommend that you study and take usmle if you can. Use the scores you get from the practice nbmes and uworld SA to help you figure out if you should take usmle. I may have had comlex issues but I still managed to pass usmle.

Oh, there is something you can try if you haven't already. DirtyUsmle on youtube has some really high yield stuff.

Last edited: