Help! CS Results!! Have you received your results yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

girlb

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could people please post when they took the Step 2 CS exam and the location (in the subject line) and if they have their results back (in the message)?

I took my test Nov 4th in Chicago and have not gotten anything back yet. When I go onto the NBME website under my name the score report date is blank still. If I don't get the score by Feb 23rd, then I can't Match! Anyone who is an FMG and doesn't have their score back by Feb 23rd will be removed from the Match! This has huge implications!! If ever the NBME wanted to keep foreign grads out of U.S. programs, this would be the time to do it! It may sound like a conspiracy theory, but thousands of people could be disqualified from the Match without the results!

Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

I am also waiting for my CS results. I took the exam November 23 in Atlanta.

Think I took it November-ish, Philadelphia, and I got my results a few weeks ago.

And I was under the impression that the clinical skills exam is not a new thing for FMGs....

Members don't see this ad :)
It's not a new thing for IMGs, yes, but I think that since they started including US students in June 2004, now they are taking their sweet time to get enough results in to finally score the exams. I think they should have been more prepared because it seems that a lot of IMGs will not get their score in time for the match. Not only that, since it took soooooo long, let's say God forbid one of us messes up, we will not have enough time to redo the exam and get the report for match time. Sucks really.

During an interview the director asked me what my school's policy was on Step 2 CS - up until then I didn't know that there were schools that didn't require a pass to graduate...

AF_PedsBoy said:
During an interview the director asked me what my school's policy was on Step 2 CS - up until then I didn't know that there were schools that didn't require a pass to graduate...

Since we're the first class to take it, our school doesn't require a pass; we just have to take it. That said, it is kind of irrelevant since you have to pass it to start residency anyway.

Hi all,

Checked OASIS (on ecfmg website), and my score report released this morning. I tried to reregister for the exam, and then I got the message in sexy red print: "Our records indicate that you have already passed Step 2 CS..."!!! Congrats to all others who passed as well, and I wish you all the best of luck! This is a great day! Al-hamdulillah (praise God)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

August 27th in Atlanta... Results received in the mail today... Sent all the way to Toronto, so would have been earlier had I been in the US...

VitaminK said:
Dec 3rd in Houston and I got my results back today! And I passed :)

I took the test in Houston also on the 11th of November but have not recieved my score yet? r u a U.S grad or FMG??

I am starting to worry a little :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
surg2005 I'm a US grad...but dont worry too much I was really surprised I found out already bc I know other people are still waiting. I'd check your school today bc maybe they just got lost in the mail.

do you know if the re register trick works for us test takers as well...i tried to reregister today and it will let me. does that mean i didn't pass cs???

roach said:
dec 3 in chicago, rec'd results 2/5
Are you serious???
Are you an IMG or a US senior?? Did you get scores from ECFMG or NBME?
I took it in Chicago Nov 26th and I still have no word!!!
What is going on?

OK now I am really getting nervous

OK... scratch previous post.
Logged onto ecfmg this morning, saw that CS results were sent, did the registration trick and got the red letters of passing...
Finally certified... its been a long haul but I am hopeful it will be worth it in the end.

September 28 in LA and about last week of January. I passed but was pretty POd about the situation.

demspawn said:
OK... scratch previous post.
Logged onto ecfmg this morning, saw that CS results were sent, did the registration trick and got the red letters of passing...
Finally certified... its been a long haul but I am hopeful it will be worth it in the end.

Congratulations.

girlb said:
Could people please post when they took the Step 2 CS exam and the location (in the subject line) and if they have their results back (in the message)?

I took my test Nov 4th in Chicago and have not gotten anything back yet. When I go onto the NBME website under my name the score report date is blank still. If I don't get the score by Feb 23rd, then I can't Match! Anyone who is an FMG and doesn't have their score back by Feb 23rd will be removed from the Match! This has huge implications!! If ever the NBME wanted to keep foreign grads out of U.S. programs, this would be the time to do it! It may sound like a conspiracy theory, but thousands of people could be disqualified from the Match without the results!

Thanks for the help!

Nov 1st is when I took it in Chicago, mostly IMGs and a few US med students.
Result February 7th - Passed.