Jan 10, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Okay so I'm trying not to freak out, but my DAT is in 5 days and I feel like i dont have enough time to prepare. I'm active duty military and cant afford to take anymore time off so at this point i have to take the test. I've pushed it back 2x already. I Graduated w/a Bio-pre health degree in college '13 so i basically had to re-learn everything.

So far I've gone through Destroyer OC/GC 1x, about 300 questions in BIO. I've done 9 Math destroyer tests and DAT Bootcamp subject tests for OC/GC/BIO/PAT (4 each). I've read Cliff AP BIO and Feralis notes, watched all of Chad's videos and took the tests (watched GC 2x). I'm about to take my first full length BC test tonight and DAT 2007 tomorrow. I've been averaging about an 16-20 on most subject tests.

Any advice on what areas i should focus on now?? GC and PAT keyhole & TFE are my weak areas. I'm trying to stay as calm and positive as possible, but this anxiety is a killer!

Last edited:
OP
K
Jan 10, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
OC 15/16/17/20
BIO 19/15/18/19
GC 16/16/20/18
PAT 16/18/19

i know they're pretty low. i plan to go back through and do as many Full length tests while taking notes on missed problems as i can.

LuckBloodandSweat

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2015
Status
Dental Student
Idk if this is my bias as a low PAT DAT scorer but it's best to focus on the SNS sections. The scores do seem low; how long ago did you take the practice tests? If it's been a month or so don't even worry about it. If you just got those right now, were you really tired/careless or you actually didn't know that much?

OP
K
Jan 10, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Idk if this is my bias as a low PAT DAT scorer but it's best to focus on the SNS sections. The scores do seem low; how long ago did you take the practice tests? If it's been a month or so don't even worry about it. If you just got those right now, were you really tired/careless or you actually didn't know that much?
Most of the scores were taken about 3-4 weeks ago. The last set of scores were taken 1-2 days ago. I really do feel rushed right now. I might try to push my test back at least a week and figure out how to take more time off work. This is the only time I can test so I don't want to risk it. I'm applying for a military scholarship to pay for school & need my DAT finished before December, so I can't afford to wait another 6 months for a retake.

WheatLom

2+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
I think you need to take a step back, spend a few minutes finding your weakest areas in all subjects. Study those.

Organic worries me for you because while the exam is pretty simple, the content can be tricky. I would say know SN1, SN2, E2, E1. Carbonyl chem, and aromatic substitution chemistry. Then, I would say doing synthesis problems could really maximize your studying. Also, know your acid base chemistry. Sounds like a lot, but its not too bad.

Gen chem, Id say go over all your missed questions, understand Equilibrium and le'chatlier's principle. Equilibrium and LE'chats will help on Ochem as well.

Bio looks alright.

PAT, practice not much to study here. Make sure you are really good at what you know you are good at to maximize points.

Reactions: kbranch09

LuckBloodandSweat

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2015
Status
Dental Student
Most of the scores were taken about 3-4 weeks ago. The last set of scores were taken 1-2 days ago. I really do feel rushed right now. I might try to push my test back at least a week and figure out how to take more time off work. This is the only time I can test so I don't want to risk it. I'm applying for a military scholarship to pay for school & need my DAT finished before December, so I can't afford to wait another 6 months for a retake.
The last set isn't too bad! Definitely want to pinpoint your weaknesses and focus on those more than anything else. Most importantly, you need confidence and you have to convince yourself that you'll do well :)

OP
K
Jan 10, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Thank you everyone! I'm pushing it back 2 weeks and will focus on my weaker areas.

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
Thank you everyone! I'm pushing it back 2 weeks and will focus on my weaker areas.
Good news! Focus on learning and less on timed test! We are here to help you along your journey!

Reactions: kbranch09