Help DAT on aug 2. gen chem killing me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DATkilla

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:mad: So i've been taking the practice tests on kaplan and TopScore and averaging 18 to 21 on every part except gen chem. got a 13 and 14 two consecutive times.
please help, what is the secret to the gen chem? the mole divisions and fractions are just killing me.

Members don't see this ad.

DATkilla said:
:mad: So i've been taking the practice tests on kaplan and TopScore and averaging 18 to 21 on every part except gen chem. got a 13 and 14 two consecutive times.
please help, what is the secret to the gen chem? the mole divisions and fractions are just killing me.

i'd say do as many mathematical practice problems as you can...the gen chem part of my dat was mostly math problems. just try to do it as quick and efficiently as possible. after a while the probs seem to be mostly all the same. and don't worry about your practice scores so much...kaplan makes it harder than the real thing. i got like a 14 on one of the last full-length practices i took before the real dat and ended up getting a 25 in gen chem (i'm still not quite sure how that happened!). just try to get a hold of some gen chem math problems and do those.

Would you say the Kaplan sample tests are pretty representative of the DAT, only harder? Or is the material on the DAT different?
Im asking this for Org, GChem, and Bio.

dear bro/sisi
you have math problems not gchem
cuz as the song goes ..."gchem is all about mathemathica"
i dont remember how the rythm goes thu
hope this helps
best of luck on the actual test :sleep:

DATkilla said: