Help deciding between Tufts and Chapel Hill?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kalyco123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys - I'm looking for any advice to help me decide between the Masters in OT programs at Tufts and Chapel Hill. I'm familiar with the surface differences - location, cost, etc. I guess I'm looking for people who are more familiar with the curricula. ie I've heard that Chapel Hill is quite theoretical, and is that at the expense of clinical/practical skills that I might receive at a place like Tufts? Anyone familiar with the primary philosophical/practical/clinical differences between the programs? Anything along those lines.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Have you heard back from Tufts already?

Just today. They sent an email on 3/1 giving me the link for where they would post the decisions. Just logged in today and it was there. Said they're sending something in the mail too, but that hasn't gotten here yet. I'd log in to that page to see things the fastest, but they should be coming in the mail soon too, I think!

Members don't see this ad :)
kalyco123, I'm applying to Tufts next year. Would you mind posting your stats (with major and general types of college you attended)? I'm trying to get an idea about who they admit.

Ah I got that email yesterday too but my decision's not posted yet! So frustrating. I haven't visited Tufts yet, so I don't know if I'll like it better than BU, but they do have that cool study abroad option.

As far as campus location, if you like urban settings, the BU campus is better than Tufts. But they're both excellent schools.