1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP : Dental hygenist and the visa

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by DentOo, May 27, 2008.

1. DentOo

5+ Year Member

Hey ,
    i'll enter usa with a student f-1 visa , i'll take the NBDHE in Dec.
    after i get the license and get a dental hygienist job :
    Can i change my visa to H1b or another work visa type ?
    if yes , what are the procedures ?
    if no , who to get a visa work then ?
    thank in advance

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DentOo

5+ Year Member

anybody ?

4. neena123

2+ Year Member

Dentist
    Hi I too have the same doubt please let me know from which school u done your course?

5. DentOo

5+ Year Member

hey neena ,
    well , i'm a foreign trained dentist and didnt take any course in oral hygienist ( why do i need a course if i can do scaling and other simple work with a closed eye !! )
    anyway , you dont need a bachelor degree to get your license in FLORIDA ( only in this state ) in case you a dentist for sure .
    my point was if i could change the visa status from F1 to H-1b after getting the license , because some say that i can't ( the H-1b need a bachelor degree )

6. elto

elto Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi Dentoo:

My advice would be to contact an immigration attorney (some times the first consultation is free) and try to find out for sure. What I have heard is that RDH license does not qualify to get work permit. I guess because in order to get that status the employer has to prove that he cannot find somebody already in the country to do that job and believe me... there are PLENTYYYYYYY of RDH n Florida, the market is saturated to the point where it is even hard to get a job....

Good luck :luck: