HELP! dilemma about biochem for michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Isis33

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
so i have this problem, my school is on a quarter system and i am currently taking the first quarter of biochem however i am set to graduate in december after the first quarter and michigan requires a semester of biochem. my interview there is in january, do you think i could wait to see how it goes and hear if i got in before signing up to take the additional biochem i need say through a distance learning course? or do you think if i showed them a syllabus of the course that i did take and it fulfilled all the items they have listed on their website then the quarter i took would be enough?
i really cannot afford to stay in school for another quarter paying tuition for just one class, damn quarter system!

Members don't see this ad.

Isis33 said:
Hi
so i have this problem, my school is on a quarter system and i am currently taking the first quarter of biochem however i am set to graduate in december after the first quarter and michigan requires a semester of biochem. my interview there is in january, do you think i could wait to see how it goes and hear if i got in before signing up to take the additional biochem i need say through a distance learning course? or do you think if i showed them a syllabus of the course that i did take and it fulfilled all the items they have listed on their website then the quarter i took would be enough?
i really cannot afford to stay in school for another quarter paying tuition for just one class, damn quarter system!

i think, in this case, you will have to ask them. People here can tell you their expereinces but in the end, it's up to the school and they can change their policies from year to year.

fiddler

Isis33 said:
Hi
Fortunately for you, Michigan employs a cadre of friendly and competent admissions staff. Just give them a call and talk them through your situation; they may even let you off with just one quarter.