HELP!!! Does Anybody Out There Know Yet?????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

andwhat

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just HATE this gray area, and really desire answers as I know that many others do.
Well the scenario is this. Starting this July, the format of the USMLE Step II changes. So what does this mean? It means that in order to apply for the 2005 match process, we must pass an exam (or what the heck?? two exams?) called the Step II Clinical Knowledge exam and the Step II Clinical Skills exam.. so my question is this!!!! can you take these two exams on seperate days??? or is it just taken on one two day exam period? which would be unreasonable.. can someone please clue me in on this?? can we split the exams up - take Step II Clinical Knowledge, and then take Step II Clinical Skills two weeks or even a month later????? ugh.. cant wait until this issue is resolved. Any input regarding this matter would be highly appreciated! thanks in advance!
PLEASE HELP!!

Members don't see this ad.

you are in fact completely misinformed. the nbme has all the important information available on its web site.

there was a rumor that they had to be taken together (Step II CS and Step II CK on back to back days, that is what the Kaplan profs are saying at the live lectures for the USMLE step II) and when I try and apply for the Step II it does indeed allow me to sign up for them seperately (Step II CS and Step II CK).. so whats the prognosis here? should I trust my instinct and assume that they can be taken seperately?

are you unable to find the nbme web site?

(1) the 2 parts CK/CS are taken separately.
(2) they needn't be completed before you register for the match (though I believe the rules are different for foreign grads.)