Help! Fafsa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

bp1043

:eek: Hello all need some help with this student loan stuff. So far I have filled out a FAFSA, and it has been submitted, I was just curious what the next step is. I know I need a loan for every living expense I have. I am a little freaked out cause I am moving into my apartment in June, and will not have a job at this time. Will we get our loan money by then. I know I am clueless, but I guess what I am asking is what is the next step after the FAFSA?

HELP!

Members don't see this ad.

bp1043 said:
:eek: Hello all need some help with this student loan stuff. So far I have filled out a FAFSA, and it has been submitted, I was just curious what the next step is. I know I need a loan for every living expense I have. I am a little freaked out cause I am moving into my apartment in June, and will not have a job at this time. Will we get our loan money by then. I know I am clueless, but I guess what I am asking is what is the next step after the FAFSA?

HELP!

I contacted my school and they said they are sending out financial AID packets mid-March. Right now all we can do is fill out FAFSA and wait. I'd contact your school's financial aid office to see when the loans are distributed. I think it depends on each school. Good luck!

bp1043 said:

HELP!

You won't get your loans until 2-3 weeks before school starts, when your school disburses them. Better start saving money for the summer now! (of course hard to save after putting money down for our deposits).

I need to submit mine!

Generally you don't get loan disbursements until the first day of classes. I ran into this problem last summer. Fortunately my school offers an Intensive Summer Anatomy Program so I started class in June.