Help Finalizing my Fall Classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GlobalDomination

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am beginning to register for my Fall classes next week and I am not sure if the schedule I choose will be wise. A little info, I will be entering my 2nd year and I am hoping to end this semester with a 3.8-9 GPA.

Here are the classes,
Organic Chem 1
Calculus based Physics 1 with Lab
Calculus 3
and 2 super easy online GPA booster course (99% chance A+)
and 1 research credit.

My day would be packed on M (9:30 - 5), 1 class on tuesday (9am), 3 lectures on WF (9-1), and no class TR. Leaving my rest of the time with ECs, research, and SLEEP.

Members don't see this ad.

Doesn't look bad to me at all, especially if you're mathematically inclined.

Reactions: 1 user
It seems like its 18 plus credits,your taking 3 difficult classes and other things. I wouldnt be so inclined to take all those courses and not doing so well as I would like. If you want to have a tough time go right ahead, but you should be realistic of what grades you want in all of your courses. I personally like to sleep and devote quality time in my classes to understand as much as I can, I cant see someone doing this and being successful 4.0. All I am saying is unless you want to graduate in 2-3 years is this really necessary? no offense man but it this is not wise. Also if you do bad in one class you will be so demoralized and it will reflect on other classes, and just be like a domino effect. I say you drop 1 science course and you should be alright

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The courseload isnt bad at all. It shouldn't be that difficult since he has 2 easy online classes and 3 classes he needs to focus on.

Stats is a more useful class for MCAT

The courseload isnt bad at all. It shouldn't be that difficult since he has 2 easy online classes and 3 classes he needs to focus on.
Your just saying that so he does bad and thats one less applicant to worry about....jk

Reactions: 1 users
It'll be a packed semester as those 3 classes are all difficult but with a lot of hard work, I think it'll be doable. I guess it depends how inclined you are to those subjects...I was terrible at both physics and calc 3 (3D graphs made no sense to me) so I found those classes a lot harder than ochem.

It seems like its 18 plus credits,your taking 3 difficult classes and other things. I wouldnt be so inclined to take all those courses and not doing so well as I would like. If you want to have a tough time go right ahead, but you should be realistic of what grades you want in all of your courses. I personally like to sleep and devote quality time in my classes to understand as much as I can, I cant see someone doing this and being successful 4.0. All I am saying is unless you want to graduate in 2-3 years is this really necessary? no offense man but it this is not wise. Also if you do bad in one class you will be so demoralized and it will reflect on other classes, and just be like a domino effect. I say you drop 1 science course and you should be alright

This is possible, especially with a good balance of your schedule and efficient studying. Although @Dentase is correct in that it will be a struggle, do try to compartmentalize the effects of each class, i.e. once an exam is over, focus on the next. This will be a good technique in during the MCAT.

I also agree with @allantois about stats. Several schools are requiring stats as well.

Disclaimer: The following evidence is an exception, not the majority. It is quite similar to your schedule.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 3.32.11 AM.pdf
    43.3 KB · Views: 46
Hello everyone,

I am beginning to register for my Fall classes next week and I am not sure if the schedule I choose will be wise. A little info, I will be entering my 2nd year and I am hoping to end this semester with a 3.8-9 GPA.

Here are the classes,
Organic Chem 1
Calculus based Physics 1 with Lab
Calculus 3
and 2 super easy online GPA booster course (99% chance A+)
and 1 research credit.

My day would be packed on M (9:30 - 5), 1 class on tuesday (9am), 3 lectures on WF (9-1), and no class TR. Leaving my rest of the time with ECs, research, and SLEEP.
whats your major? id say drop the calc 3, and take stats instead. it's easier and more relevant

other than that, though, solid schedule

whats your major? id say drop the calc 3, and take stats instead. it's easier and more relevant

other than that, though, solid schedule

I second this suggestion. I am taking stats as a non-degree to fulfill my schools requirement.