Help finding books for naplex

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swaps

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hai All,
I am a final year pharmacy student. I am trying to see if anyone knows books that I can use for studying for naplex. The Rx prep book is a giant book, I want something smaller so I can carry it with me for my rotations and if I can get a chance study there.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I would get some charts, like Pronto Pass Naplex charts, or Pass naplex course has a chart book u might find it separately but come with whole package of PNN.

Reactions: 1 user
Hai All,
I am a final year pharmacy student. I am trying to see if anyone knows books that I can use for studying for naplex. The Rx prep book is a giant book, I want something smaller so I can carry it with me for my rotations and if I can get a chance study there.

Thanks
You can find a place that can remove the spine of the book and three hole punch the book. Usually local printing shops or sometimes FedEx. Some places can also put a spine on the book.

Hai All,

Thanks

Do you learn better when the materials are in charts? If so, I would recommend the Pharmacy Charts:

2017.5 Edition Pharmacy Charts - NAPLEX, CPJE Review

I used this book for rotation, board exams and now work. Even got one for my rotation preceptor.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hai All,

Thanks

Have you tried looking them up on eBay or amazon? People are always selling used books there

naplex | eBay

ProntoPass is nice and compact.

Peripheral Brain for the Pharmacist - American Pharmacists Association might be nice for the white coat as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys,

I just recently passed the NAPLEX (I took it 3 weeks ago), after failing it once.
I graduated back in 2012 (in Canada) and had to reciprocate to PA last year after I got married. So you can imagine how hard it was to study pharmacy material again!

I studied RXFiles and the APhA books (2014 editions) the first time around .. unfortunately I scored a 69.
I took 3 months and ONLY studied RX Files and purchased ProntoPass and scored 112.

the ProntoPass cards are awesome because it gives you a concise breakdown of "whats important"
RX Files was definitely more valuable in terms of studying infectious diseases

I have the entire ProntoPass package if anyone wants to buy them..
The RXFiles I have is 2014 - but I used it and I was fine with them.

what is RXfiles??

I found the APhA book to be useful. Some may find the level of detail to be a little off-putting, though. I also read the McGraw Hill book. The current edition (2nd) is about 3 or 4 years out of date and the 3rd edition will be released in a couple months. If you're a UNC student, you have free access to McGraw Hill's Access Pharmacy site through the Health Sciences Library (other schools probably do the same thing but I don't know for sure) and can read it there and do the quizzes. One downside to doing the quizzes online is that they randomize the question order and don't always put the patient case with every question. For example, you may get as question #1 on the UTI chapter "What is an appropriate therapy for LW?" No symptoms, no allergies, no info about pregnancy and whatnot just a question lol.

I found the APhA book to be useful. Some may find the level of detail to be a little off-putting, though. I also read the McGraw Hill book. The current edition (2nd) is about 3 or 4 years out of date and the 3rd edition will be released in a couple months. If you're a UNC student, you have free access to McGraw Hill's Access Pharmacy site through the Health Sciences Library (other schools probably do the same thing but I don't know for sure) and can read it there and do the quizzes. One downside to doing the quizzes online is that they randomize the question order and don't always put the patient case with every question. For example, you may get as question #1 on the UTI chapter "What is an appropriate therapy for LW?" No symptoms, no allergies, no info about pregnancy and whatnot just a question lol.

Did you get the apha book thru membership?

Where can you buy the apha book?