Help from other pre-dents and dental students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

simseema17

Hey guys,
So here's the deal...
I've applied to 15 schools in August, and I have two rejection letters so far (Tufts and Case Western). I haven't heard anything else from the other schools besides that my file is complete. Is there anything else to do now, I know most schools don't want to be contacted because it's annoying. My DAT/PAT scores are 18/17, my GPA is 3.0 and sci GPA is 2.7...Can anyone give me anymore advice on what to do now? Thanks
biggrin.gif

------------------

Members don't see this ad.

I forgot, the other schools that I'm looking to are UOP, BU and either SUNY Buffalo or Stonybrook...
biggrin.gif

------------------

Don't give up! I know that some schools do not interview out of state students until after December. Do you have a lot of extra-curricular activities? Dental experience (volunteering or assisting)? My undergrad GPA is just a 3.2 with a DAT score of 17 PAT 18. I have been blest to have had some early interviews, and am nervously awaiting Dec.1. I feel that my dental experience, both volunteering and such has helped. If you have volunteered get that dentist to write you a rec., it couldnt hurt. Also try contacting the schools after Dec. 1 and ask where they are in the application process, this might help you feel a little more at ease (and I have been told by several DMD's that most do not consider this to be anoying, but shows your initiative).

Best of luck and you are in my prayers.

Mysmile

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your reply mysmile...
I have some pretty good extra-curric's and this past summer I shadowed a dentist, which turned into helping both of them (at their side of the patient). I have recomm's from both of those dentists, my prehealth advisor and also from a couple of profs. I guess I should just chill until after Dec. 1st and then call some schools to see where in the process is my application. I checked UOP's app. status and it said, "no decision, re-review in November"...ARGHH!! I can't wait any longer...I just want an interview...I JUST WANT TO BE A DENTIST!!!! If they only knew how bad I want it...
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the help guys...keep the replies coming!

------------------

Just relax. You will get in.