1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

help gauging my progress

Discussion in 'Kaplan MCAT Forum (Sponsored)' started by wish2bMD, Jul 26, 2011.

1. wish2bMD

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hey everyone,
    I'm currently enrolled in the Kaplan On Demand course and just wanted some input on my practice test scores.

Exam 1: 32 11/11/10
    Exam 3: 32 12/10/10
    Exam 4: 31 9/11/11
    Exam 5: 32 11/9/12
    Exam 6: 38 12/14/12
    Exam 7: 36 12/10/14
    Exam 9: 38 12/12/14

And only 1 AAMC so far (after I took Kaplan FL 1)
    AAMC 3: 34 11/11/12

I'm saving the AAMC practice exams for after I complete all of Kaplan's practice exams.
    My goal is to score as high as possible (obviously), but I would be content with 36+
    How do you guys think I'm doing so far? I'm not sure if I will take the test Sept. 10 or next January and would appreciate some advice.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mcarrick

5+ Year Member

The past three exams you've taken show an obvious improvement of some sort so all that content review you've been doing is paying off (particularly in biology!). The key is to find your weak areas and focus on them and you will be able to score consistently in the upper 30's. I suggest you take the Sept 10. exam - you are doing well now so holding off a few months could drop your score. You want to take the exam when you are peaking and taking it in a month's time will allow you to do that.

4. wish2bMD

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Thanks for the reply mcarrick! You make a really good point. I wouldn't want to have a burnout if I delay.

5. ANEShopeful

Pre-Medical
    Congrats on your improvement! However, I must warn you that the curves for Kaplan 6-9 are, in my opinion, significantly more lenient than Kaplan 1-5. I think it would be more prudent to base your progress on the number of questions missed on each test, as I feel the Kaplan curves are rather inconsistent. Good luck! :D