HELP HELP Canadian student Line of credit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

happiness2012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just Wondering is there any Canadian here who are going to US dental school and manage to secure line of credit with out co-signer. I am having such a hard time to deal with banks. My parents are not here so they can not be my co-signer

any help would be greatly appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

I tried RBC, they said I have to have a co-signer :( I don't know what to do

Members don't see this ad :)
TD bank offers a line of credit, it says it's specifically for dental students on the website.

Unfortunately you won't be able to get a line of credit from a Canadian bank without a STRONG Canadian cosigner if you are going to the US for school. It is true that TD and RBC will give a dental student line of credit without a cosigner BUT only if you are attending a Canadian schools. It is very hard to get a student line of credit to study in the US. Another option is if you have family members who own a house... they may be able to do a secured line of credit on their home and give you the money to pay for school... Then you would just give the monthly payments to your family member.

I'm having this problem right now... and I even work for one of these banks!