HELP HELP please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gladiolus23

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have to write a letter of intent for a research position I applied to that basically explains why I'm interested in research and what I hope to gain from it. BUT the thing is I already wrote a required personal statement when I applied for this position months back…on the same. exact. topic. I already explained why I wanted to join their program, my future goals and what I hoped to get out of research.

So I don't even know what I'm supposed to put in this letter of intent now…I can't submit the same thing right? They already have my PS. What can I say? My interview is tomorrow and I have to submit this before then. So I would rly RLY appreciate your suggestions!

Members don't see this ad.

I've never had to write a letter of intent, so take this with a grain of salt. Can you approach the topic from a different angle? Are there any parts of the answer that you didn't talk about in your statement? Can you use the letter to summarize this information in a more direct way than in your statement?