Help: How should I get around during my interview?

This whole thing is very new to me, so I just want to know the easiest and cheapest method. Should use Uber, or just get a taxi at the airport to get to my AirBnB house? I interview at Rutgers this Friday, but arrive there on Thursday in the evening. What about on interview day (Friday)? Thanks!

Kingfish23

2+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2017
My only issue is getting a ride to and from the airport. I'm pretty sure uber/lyft are not allowed at the airport lol

About the Ads

fit2

2+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
My only issue is getting a ride to and from the airport. I'm pretty sure uber/lyft are not allowed at the airport lol
You can definitely get one from airport in major cities

Bigjt1420

2+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
This depends on the airport. Type in your airport and "lyft/uber" on google and it'll tell you if you can get one from that location. I know my home airport recently allowed it. Check on Google. Worst case you call a taxi from the airport to your AirBnB, uber/lyft to the interview, uber/lyft back to the AirBnB, and then taxi it back to the airport.

I wouldn't worry too much about this

Reactions: Kingfish23

blcopp

5+ Year Member
May 18, 2013
Status
I rented a car. It costed like $50 so more expensive in general than an uber, but the I paid for the peace of mind knowing I have my own transportation.

Reactions: Akmmoo2

artist2022

yes, I'm a girl
2+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2016
Status
Dental Student
I rented a car. It costed like $50 so more expensive in general than an uber, but the I paid for the peace of mind knowing I have my own transportation.
Was parking at the universities free? (I have no idea about this, sorry if it's a dumb question).

artist2022

yes, I'm a girl
2+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2016
Status
Dental Student
From my past experiences yes, every university I visited had free parking for the interviewees.
Okay cool thanks!

Reactions: blcopp

Faux

5+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2013
Status
Dentist
I took cabs for everything except for UNC, which I rented a car for.

And if you're city folk, take into account that cabs might not arrive as quickly in some places. I was a few minutes late to my buffalo interview >.>

Reactions: Mrdoctorcaptainsir
OP

I took cabs for everything except for UNC, which I rented a car for.

And if you're city folk, take into account that cabs might not arrive as quickly in some places. I was a few minutes late to my buffalo interview >.>
Were cabs generally expensive or cheap?

Sean08

2+ Year Member
May 13, 2016
Winterfell
Status
Dental Student
Sometimes the hotel provides shuttle to/from the airport. Make sure to look into that. Otherwise Uber/Lyft all the way.

About the Ads