Help: How should I get around during my interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

This whole thing is very new to me, so I just want to know the easiest and cheapest method. Should use Uber, or just get a taxi at the airport to get to my AirBnB house? I interview at Rutgers this Friday, but arrive there on Thursday in the evening. What about on interview day (Friday)? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Just Uber or Lyft there. They are usually cheaper than taxi's anyways.

Reactions: 2 users
My only issue is getting a ride to and from the airport. I'm pretty sure uber/lyft are not allowed at the airport lol

Members don't see this ad :)
My only issue is getting a ride to and from the airport. I'm pretty sure uber/lyft are not allowed at the airport lol
You can definitely get one from airport in major cities

This depends on the airport. Type in your airport and "lyft/uber" on google and it'll tell you if you can get one from that location. I know my home airport recently allowed it. Check on Google. Worst case you call a taxi from the airport to your AirBnB, uber/lyft to the interview, uber/lyft back to the AirBnB, and then taxi it back to the airport.

I wouldn't worry too much about this

Reactions: 1 user
I rented a car. It costed like $50 so more expensive in general than an uber, but the I paid for the peace of mind knowing I have my own transportation.

Was parking at the universities free? (I have no idea about this, sorry if it's a dumb question).

From my past experiences yes, every university I visited had free parking for the interviewees.

I took cabs for everything except for UNC, which I rented a car for.

And if you're city folk, take into account that cabs might not arrive as quickly in some places. I was a few minutes late to my buffalo interview >.>

I took cabs for everything except for UNC, which I rented a car for.

And if you're city folk, take into account that cabs might not arrive as quickly in some places. I was a few minutes late to my buffalo interview >.>
Were cabs generally expensive or cheap?

Sometimes the hotel provides shuttle to/from the airport. Make sure to look into that. Otherwise Uber/Lyft all the way.