Help, I can't decide where to apply!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LuckyMiner

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
According to the 2008 ADEA guide to dental schools (for students entering in '09), schools such as Colorado seem to only tailor to colorado residents. Why not add a few more private schools such as NYU or Tufts? The more you apply to, the more possibilites, don't limit yourself. ;)

how many dental schools is too much? I reallllllyyy need to know!
I have X'd out all the ones that do not take out of states. I went by the data from Predent. how can i narrow this down?:confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
how many dental schools is too much? I reallllllyyy need to know!
I have X'd out all the ones that do not take out of states. I went by the data from Predent. how can i narrow this down?:confused:

I think 10 is a good number. Don't be afraid to apply to as many as 15. Nowadays people apply to a lot more schools than before. Make sure you get 20s in the DAT. You really are going be counting on a very strong showing on the DAT. Add BU, Tufts, Detroit-Mercy, SUNY-Buffalo (look at their latest stat on their web page 60% out of state!), NYU (I know it is pricey but you really don't have the stats to be in a position to avoid schools even with strong DAT scores), Pittsburgh, and Temple. As to state schools, I am going to defer to others who can post on those you mentioned.

I'm just afraid that I'll get eaten alive in NYC. Although I've never been there, I'm intimidated.

You don't have to apply there. I was just suggesting.

You might apply to Indiana, they take a lot of out-of-state. The only problem is the increased number of prereqs compared to some other schools.

i would definitely put VCU on your list. great school and they take around 30% out of state. I also think a lot of state schools have really active out of state waitlists because people will accept at their own state school or private and turn down the out of state offers.