Help....I dont know if I can finish this yr.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

camtber

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
:)

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, your situation is exactly what I'm trying to avoid. I'm trying to decide what to do if I don't get into a patholgy program by scrambling (haven't turned in my application materials yet). I considered applying for a research assistant position in a university pathology department (they always seem to be hiring). I also considered a job with the local blood bank like you mentioned. If you're really unhappy, those may be some options. If I were in your situation, I would be a little concerned about how quitting my program in the middle of the year would look to future PDs/employers. But it would probably be best if a current resident (GP) gave you advice regarding that. Hang in there and good luck.

Tough situation. I do think quitting your program midstream would worry path program directors. I believe it could seriously hurt your chances of matching. My advice would be to stick it out. After you match talk to the program director where you are going and see what you can do. Breaking a contract with one program, may put your new contract in trouble.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good advice above.
Remember EVERY job/ credentialling for medical staff privilege in your entire medical career will require documentation and evaluation from your PD. Don't burn any bridges.