MD & DO HELP! I don't know what to do

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

achooachooachoo

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Graduating senior that's currently on waitlists at MCG, Morehouse and LECOM. I want to start my reapply cycle as soon as possible
  • GPA: 3.64
  • MCAT: 509 (129/128/127/125)
  • Residence: GA
  • Race: Asian female
  • Undergrad: Cell and Molecular Biology, with a Spanish minor; at very small state school connected with MCG
  • Clinical Experience:
    • over 200 hours in various hospitals, in-state and out of state
  • Shadowing Experience:
    • Overall ~80 hours shadowing physicians in the following specialties: nephrology and cardiology
  • Other extracurricular activities:
    • Tutor undergraduate students in spanish
    • part of Zeta Tau Alpha, and held several leadership position in three years including Vice President, Social Director, Judicial Chair, Values Chair
    • Part of a student org that deals exclusively with alumni, friends of the university and donors at events
    • Participated in Jaguar Miracle
    • Served as a translator for local clinic by med students
    • Served as a scribe for local clinic run by med students
  • Relevant honors or awards:
    • Dean’s list
    • Honors college/major
    • Invited to multiple honor societies but was unable to pay dues
As I said before, I'm still waitlisted at three schools and hoping to hear from one of them. However, while I wait, I want to be able to start filling out my AMCAS for 2020. I also want to know if I need to change my personal statement in some way to make it different from last time. I applied to 20 MD and 6 DO and heard back from 2 MD and 1 DO the first time around. I'm also currently applying to one year master's programs if I do end up taking the gap year.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: