1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Help! I made a mistake....

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by bj, Nov 21, 2000.

1. bj

bj Junior Member

Ummm....I got my confirmation copy for my application from AADSAS and I just talked to someone at the registrar's office at my university. I recorded my course grades as lower than what it should be on the form so my GPA is lower than what it is. Is it still possible to send in the correction form with the right grades? Will they make the correction? pretty big mistake huh?....

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. I thought AADSAS checked what you recorded on the app with the transcripts you send in...I guess they don't really pay too close attention to our grades considering they go through 1000's of apps. Just send in your transcipts along with the correction form and call them afterwards to make sure they did the correction.

I wonder if AADSAS would even notice if we wrote higher grades on the app since they're so incompetent.

4. I would definitely send back the correction form...they should be able to do it for you and it shouldn't be too much of a hassle. It's a good thing you checked over it though!! Who knows what they're doing over there in AADSAS! Can people post where they are now in terms of the application/interviewing/acceptance/rejection process? I am getting impatient, I've applied to 15 schools and rejected from 2 so far (Case Western and Tufts). Haven't heard from anything else besides at UOP's website it said, reviewed, no decision and re-review in november!! I can't take it any longer!! Anyway, good luck to all of us [​IMG]

5. bj

bj Junior Member

Well it doesn't look like they double checked my grades with my transcript. If they did they probably would have made the change themselves. I think AADSAS just processes the application and calculates GPA, it's really up to you to make that everything is accurate. Why would they care if I converted my grades wrong, since they don't look at the application in any great detail? ....