1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Help! I think I made a mistake.

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by AZonmymind, Nov 8, 2018.

1. AZonmymind

Background: while I was an undergrad 16 years ago, my brother and my cousins helped me move into my dorm room. It was a non co-ed dorm at a very religious university, so someone complained about males being on the female dorm floor. I was 21, stubborn and stupid, and didnt think it was a big deal to have my family carry boxes and a TV to my room in less than 20 minutes. I remember having to speak with our residence dean about the complaint but I honestly dont remember anything else about the event. We did not have any RAs and our residence dean acted as a RA, mother figure, counselor, and she led our weekly worship. So I was not sure if this was an IA or just a counseling session? I was told by numerous physicians and a retired professor of my undergrad that it's not an IA, but I am so scared it might be marked somewhere in my "file".

I did try to investigate this by calling my UG last year to check up on my record and they gave me the number to the current Dean of student affairs. I left her 2 messages and emailed her, she never responded. I called the general phone number to the school again this February and I was passed around a couple of times before someone came on the line to say he "didnt see anything" on my file.

I am really worried because it felt so unofficial and I have this feeling that maybe I didnt dig deep enough? I'm not trying to be dishonest on my application, and I am really worried I marked NO to the IA question when maybe I should have marked YES?

Should I contact AMCAS, withdraw all my applications and withdraw from my 2 upcoming interviews until I get an official record? I emailed my UG again 2 weeks ago about my official record and I still did not get a reply :(.

I dont know what to do. Please advise.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Goro

Faculty 7+ Year Member

Non-Student
  4. PeleHonuaMea

PeleHonuaMea SDN Gold Donor
    Gold Donor Classifieds Approved

:eek: Oh my goodness :eek:Yes! withdraw from everything STAT! Your future of being a physician sailed out the door the minute you clicked no instead of yes!!!

:lol:Just kidding ;)

Please calm down. Everything will be ok :D

And good luck on your interviews!

Goro, CAFFEINE! and AZonmymind like this.
  5. AZonmymind

Thank you guys for replying. I'm really worried and hoping I didnt misrepresent myself or commit AMCAS fraud by not disclosing it. I will try to chill.

6. jarednogeek

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    your neuroticism and anxiety is common and shared by many pre-meds. Just chill, you did your best and represented yourself correctly to the best of your knowledge. That's all you can do.

PeleHonuaMea, Goro and Angus Avagadro like this.