HELP I think I'm screwed (regarding LOR)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

p00psicleSTICK

cat's in the cradle
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I actually didn't know Case had an online application status check webpage but I just checked online and I see that one of my LORs have not been received by the school!!! I think it got lost because it was sent out by my recommender on the same day and other schools have received them.

I think the deadline for Case 2ndary is tomorrow (15th) but I think for other schools that I have not heard back from, same thing could've happened. I'm going to call like mad tomorrow morning to find out just what on earth is going on.

I hope they'll let me send in the letter after the deadline.... OMG :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

I had a similar experience. Two out of five of my letters never made it to the HPO office. I found out a week before the deadline and had to hand deliver them two days before the deadline. I hope it works out for you.

Something similar happened to me: Cornell never got my letters and the admissions people sent me an email telling me that my application had been sitting there since august (this was about 1 week before the deadline). My premed committee director faxed over the letters the next day and I was complete the following day.

Unfortunately no word from them yet, so maybe it wans't worth it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sigh... I am sooo screwed my applications will be complete really late even if they allow me to resend the letters. ;( I'm so stressed out I can't even sleep right now. First thing in the morning I'm going to give them a call.

It's probably not as bad as you think. I sent in my secondary and all my LOR's two months ago, and as of two weeks ago, the status page still said they hadn't gotten my LORs. So a little under two weeks ago, I called and asked them to check if they had my LORs, and it turned out that they did have them just sitting there in my file. A few days later my application status was finally changed to "complete". Not sure what happened, but I am guessing that they forgot to update my file once my LOR arrived. That is likely what happened to you, but definitely call and make sure they know they have your letters! Good luck!

Thanks for the encouragement... I hope that's what happened. I'll update tomorrow after calling the schools.