Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

HELP, I withdrew for a whole semester and have W's

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Nasra1, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Nasra1

Pre-Pharmacy
    ok so here's the story. my first semester of college i got into some trouble and was involved in an altercation (i was honestly breaking up a fight between my sis and another girl) even though a teacher stated that she saw me breaking up the fight, the student court said i was guilty, and everyone involved recived W's for the rest of the semester, and had to do a alternate dispute class. since then, i have started and became president of an African Students Organization, and we have done many projects, and helped the college. My diliema is that though im in good standing and the dean has congradulated me many times, and i have a good GPA, i dont know how other universities or Pharm Schools will look at this. Is there a way to get this off my record or am i just gonna have to suffer from the consequences of my actions? I would hate that because i have turned it around by volunteering in community activities as well as the college and it has been 2and 1/2 years since the incident, and i really want to get into a good pharm school!!! please give me your advice!!

2. anomrxer

5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I have 15 withdrawls on my record and have 12 interviews and 1 acceptance so far. I had some extenuating circumstances and explained it in my personal statement. Don't worry about it. Just keep on doing good in school.:)

3. WhiteSnows

WhiteSnows Think Right and Grow Rich
    Pharmacist 7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    These are things you can do:

1) Explain the situation clearly in PS, and reason why.
    2) Explain how you improve your life after it.
    3) Volunteer in many community service related pharmacy Recommended.
    4) Maintain a good GPA, and Pcat.
    5) Everyone makes mistakes in thier life. No one is perfect in this world. Think that way.