HELP!!!! I'm FREAKING OUT!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Futuredoc1364

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So somebody told me that most med schools only accept AP credits if those credits are not in pre-med requirement courses (biology, chem, physics, calc)! Now I have looked at the websites of most schools that I have applied to and they say they accept AP credits if they are mentioned on the transcript and if upper level classes are taken in case of sciences. Now I brought in AP biology which also came with the lab, AP chem, and Calc BC.

However, in college I have taken genetics and cell biology with the lab. And I have also taken the second semester of gen chem with lab, and MANY upper level chemistry classes (Biochem, analytical chem, p-chem). I was looking at St. Louis addmissions website and they say that they do not accept AP credits in the core sciences. See, I have heard so many different things about school's policies about AP credits. My GPA is 4.00, so I obviously knew my stuff in the upper level classes. I have already applied, but I could potentially take those classes next semester. But I really dont want to waste my time in an elemantary class:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

don't worry schools don't care lol, well at least if they accept you without telling you have to complete them again. haha, i didn't even taken gen chem 2 most schools were cool with that.

o yea i haven't got accepted anywhere so yea haha don't let me tell you anything

Did you take biology though? Because I know for a fact that Hopkins needs you to take intro bio in college...

Members don't see this ad :)
Call the school. Your most likely all right. I didn't meet the med school biology requirements because I never took a general biology course. However, I majored in biology and had tons of upper level courses. The admissions offices at various schools I applied to acted like it wasn't a big deal, obviously if I majored in biology, I knew all that I would need to know from general bio. They had me place an upper division course in the place of general bio on the application.

maybe that's why slu hasn't gotten back to me.....

jk, i think it'll be fine

So you have been interviewed at SLU but no offer for admission yet? Well, if they gave you an interview obviously you were qualified academically. So how many courses did you AP out of?:confused:

hey, did slu tell u how long they take to get back to u. For most other schools they say to hear back in a month, and for the nonrolling schools they say march. what about slu?