Help Important

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

-=UberSharky=-

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody and everybody that has taken the exam, please post how long it took to get your results. I would really really appreciate it. I'm in a kinda of a bind as far as my schedule goes, and I need a realistic idea of how long it takes to find out scores and passing or not passing. I know on the website it says it could take anywhere between 3-6 weeks, but I need a realistic idea of how long it really takes. So if anybody that has taken the exam could please post how long it took to get your results, it would really help me out alot. The more people the better . This is really important for me to know. Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

It took me a little less then 3 weeks to receive my step I and II score (~2.5-3 wks for both). There are a few old threads on this too, if you want to do a search for them. Good luck!

Thanks so much for you response Kalel !!

Anybody else have had similiar experiences ?? I tried the search function, but the results didnt yield much info.

Thanks again everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
It took me approximately 3 weeks to get the fact that I passed off the IWA system but longer for the results in my letterbox...
Good luck

It depends significantly on when you took the test -- presuming you are asking about Step 1. June +/- 2 weeks is the busiest time and therefore takes longer to get your score. I took it June 20ish and I believe my school called me 4 weeks later to tell me I had passed. It was another week or two before I got the official grade report in the mail. However, I know people who took the exam earlier (Mayish) and waited 6 weeks. At least last year there was an actual notice from the NBME that there would be a delay, though it didn't really given an explaination. If you've taken the exam already or will do so in the next month, I would think you could comfortably expect your school to atleast know your grade within 3-4 weeks.