Help, international student.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jhon Jhon

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello friends,

I am an international student, I am currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in nanotechnology. Wanted to know what it is to need an international student, apply, to apply for vacancies in universities in USA of Medicine?

Members don't see this ad.

which country are you from? I suggest you apply for medical schools in your country since it's very difficult for an international applicant to be accepted to a US medical school.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello friends,

I am an international student, I am currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in nanotechnology. Wanted to know what it is to need an international student, apply, to apply for vacancies in universities in USA of Medicine?
As noted above, it is very difficult to obtain medical school admission in the US as a foreign student.

The basic requirements are:

- 90 undergraduate units from a US college/university (so you have to come here for the pre-med courses)
- cash on hand to pay for private medical school tuition and living expenses which can exceed $60,000 USD per year; many US medical schools will want to see the cash up front in an account to verify that you can afford to pay the tuition
- you will not likely get a position at a state school because these are funded by US taxpayers, so private universities are your best bet
- less than 100 positions per year are given to international students

You can get more information here: https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/requirements/msar/

As noted above, it is very difficult to obtain medical school admission in the US as a foreign student.

The basic requirements are:

- 90 undergraduate units from a US college/university (so you have to come here for the pre-med courses)
- cash on hand to pay for private medical school tuition and living expenses which can exceed $60,000 USD per year; many US medical schools will want to see the cash up front in an account to verify that you can afford to pay the tuition
- you will not likely get a position at a state school because these are funded by US taxpayers, so private universities are your best bet
- less than 100 positions per year are given to international students

You can get more information here: https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/requirements/msar/

Though true, these are only requirements at some of the schools. Other schools, however, will allow undergraduate schooling in Canada or in the UK (Stanford, for example).
Wrt money - there are few schools that do provide institutional loans and scholarships even to international students.

Source: I am a successful international applicant myself.

For more information about all of the above, look at my blog (see my signature). Good luck!!