1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Help! Interview Question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by coffeeluver, May 2, 2004.

1. coffeeluver

coffeeluver Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

For those experienced with interviews, did the student and faculty interviewer ask the same questions? If so, did you answer the questions exactly the same? Would it sound rehearsed if the same question was asked at different times and I gave the same answer both times? I hope I'm making sense. Also, during the adcom meeting, do the interviewers just basically report on notes they've written on the interviewee's answers or do they just report on their impression of the interviewee? I'm just worried that if both of my interviewers are reporting on me at the meeting and happen to report the same answers to the same questions, is this okay? especially verbatim?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. UseUrHeadFred

UseUrHeadFred Oh no! It's a Wumpus!
    5+ Year Member

I wouldn't memorize answers to interview questions. Problem solved.

4. mikeyboy

mikeyboy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Well, they're not going to record you or transcribe what you say, so I doubt it's a big deal. If they ask the same question, it's logical to have the same answer. But, they can probably tell if the answer is rehearsed or not, that is the only issue. They would probably write something like that down if they felt it was memorized.

5. Xega

Xega Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    If they both ask the same questions, by all means give a similar answer. You don't want it to sound rehearsed, but the jist of your answer should be the same. If they happen to both mention the answer you gave and you gave different answers that would be a bad thing.

6. Mr. Obsessive

Mr. Obsessive Mr. Obsessive
    7+ Year Member

This happened to me on two occasions. I was honest and told the second interviewer that the first interviewer asked a very similar question. I went on to tell the second interviewer how I answered the first time and given the oppertunity to think about it between interviews whether or not I would have changed my response.

7. TheRussian

TheRussian Life Size Mirror
    7+ Year Member

Some schools give the interviewers a list of questions that they must ask during the interview so you will get asked the same question by both interviewers. You want to give basicly the same answer. The difference will be that after the basic answer you give, the interviewer will ask you to clarify some part of your answer and different interviewers will probably ask about different things so that you won't come across as having repeated yourself verbatum.

8. mikedc813

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I saw the 2 interviews as just 2 ways to get across to the adcoms more information, so I tried to avoid duplicating the information. The more I can relay about myself the better, was the way I saw it.

9. TheRussian

TheRussian Life Size Mirror
    7+ Year Member

Now that I think about it more I realize that there were times when I got out an interview and I thought "damn I should have said that and that" so when you get the second interview you have the chance to say it then. So it gives you a second chance.